Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Plans

So, for a while I have been contemplating restarting my blog. I haven't done it a while. I previously stopped blogging because everything was turning into a critique of something. It had a very negative tone and to be honest, it was kind of bringing me down. Not that my opinions have changed, but the world of blog-space didn't really need to know my thoughts on everything under the sun. So...I am changing the tone.

Instead of just verbally vomiting on to this page, I am going to direct it towards things that I think I can comment on. Running and Cooking.

Yeah, I know, seemingly unrelated topics, but they are things that I like to do. Plus, maybe some good things can come from it...not just for any poor soul that wants to read this nonsense...but more for me. A chance to document a few things that I am doing and maybe help me through the thought processes.

So, here we go (again)...

Now, I can't promise anything...I am going to leave the topic list wide open, because I am sure there are going to be things I want to talk about...but for the most part, Cooking and Running....with a dash of opinion, military fun and whatever the heck else I want to post...

After all...this is my blog and for some strange reason...you are reading it....

2 comments:

  1. what do you think of the running shoes that are like feet? Vibram FiveFingers. just wondering if you have heard anything good about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am a little torn. The book 'Born to Run' made a pretty strong case for them and I attribute that to the popularity of the minimalist running fad.

    I personally run in a pair of Nike Free's a couple times a week when I am training (This is Nike's response to minimalist running).

    When it comes right down to it, it is up to the runner, but I would recommend the following:

    1- Start out slow and short. Like really slow and really short. You have to ease into running without support. I started out by just walking around in them at first...

    2-Don't run on pavement with them for a long time. You can eventually get there. But start out on grass or dirt trails until you are sick of dodging sprinklers and snakes.....

    Plus, they are really expensive for no support. Nike Free's are a little cheaper (70-80 bucks)...but you may find a neutrally cushioned shoe to be just fine.

    I have friends that really like the Vibrams, but they are trail runners and don't spend much time on pavement. I may try them someday...but I am pretty happy with the Nike Free's...

    ReplyDelete